We had our first two meets covering both ends of the experience spectrum. On Friday twenty of our youngest swimmers participated in the first candy meet of the season; it was so cute and fun to see these little ones go for it. They swam fast and enjoyed some candy along the way. The next candy meet is October 12th at the Los Altos Gold and Country Club. We would encourage all of our younger swimmers to go! The results from Friday are attached.
Yesterday we had our first Super League Meet. Nine of our best Senior swimmers swam against some of the finest swimmers in the bay area. Given their state of training (tired and really just getting started) they did really well.
Coming up next Sunday is the DACA meet. There are approximately 30 Alpine swimmers entered! We'll send out details Wednesday.
And speaking of meets:
- Due to a scheduling issue with our zone, PASA cannot hold the intrasquad meet Oct 14. It will be the following weekend; we're waiting for a firm date. We realize this is frustrating (it is for us too!) and apologize.
- We expect the Spooky Classic meet (Oct 27-28) to open at any moment...so please be ready to enter when we send the email notification. It will fill up fast!
Reminder: If you're new and have not filled out the Pac Swimming Registration form please do so asap. It is attached.
Also, if you need to review any information please refer to the website (pasaalpine.swimtopia.com). All of the updates are under the News section.
You may be wondering...
What are we doing in (and out) of the pool?
Last Monday the Gold, PS and Senior groups met with Ted again. We will meet tomorrow and go over their performance profiles so please have your swimmer bring them to practice. The purpose of having Ted work with the kids is to teach them how to set goals, center themselves and understand why they're at the pool in the first place.
We also have this season's t-shirts and caps and will be handing them out this week.
In the pool we'll continue to work on kicking but we will also focus on preparing the kids for the upcoming DACA meet.
This Saturday we'll hold another clinic focusing on underwaters and breakouts too. Please refer to the schedule.
Happening this week:
- Underwater and Breakout Clinic
- Saturday Alpine 9:00-10:00
- DACA CBA Meet
- Sunday Oct 7
- Details will be sent Wednesday.
- Happy Birthday this week to:
- Cristina Rosario (10/1)
- Elisabeth Schor (10/7)
Practice Schedule (changes in Red)
- Wednesday 4:45-5:20pm
- Tu/Thu 3:30-4:15pm
- Mon - Fri 3:45-4:30pm
- Mon/Tu/Th/F 3:45-4:45pm
- Wed 3:45-5:00pm, Dryland 3:45-4:15
- Mon/Fri 4:00-5:30pm, Dryland 4:00-4:30
- Wednesday 4:15-5:45
- Tu/Th 3:45-5:15pm
- Sat 8:00-9:00am then clinic
- Mon 4:00-5:45pm, Dryland 4:00-4:30
- Tu/Th 4:30-6:00pm
- Wed 4:15-6:15pm, Dryland 4:15-4:45
- Fri 4:00-5:30pm, Dryland 4:00-4:30
- Sat 8:00-9:00am then clinic
- Mon 4:30-7:00pm, Yoga 4:30-5:15pm
- Tu/Thu AM 5:30-7:15am, Dryland 5:30-6:30
- Tu/Wed/Thu 5:00-7:00pm, Swim only
- Fri 4:00-6:00pm, Swim only
- Sat 8:00-9:00 Dryland, 9:00-10:30 Swim